Sunday, October 25, 2009

Todd's Wedding

This weekend the family and I headed to Kansas City for a much anticipated event. My dear friend Todd got married! I'd been looking forward to this wedding for a long time and it didn't disappoint.

The wedding was in this great old building. The tables were decorated with framed pictures of the happy couple and the programs read like playbills. Todd and Phillip exchanged vows on stage (so fitting for these two). It was a beautiful, heartfelt ceremony. I just love weddings. Watching two love birds exchange vows always takes me back to my own wedding. I hold my husband's hand and think "I do" all over again. It's like renewing your vows right along with the new couple. There are few things more beautiful than watching a happy couple in love on their wedding day.

The Grooms perform "Don't Go Breakin' My Heart"


But this wedding had even more! Ms. Dee Dee Deville performed and hosted the cabaret portion of the evening. So many of Todd and Phillip's friends got up and performed! That's one talented bunch! There was even a performance by the cast of the musical "The Wedding Singer" complete with costumes and choreography.


Dee Dee Deville and my friend Nicole

So, I know some of you are saying, "But you live in Kansas. Is it legal?" Oh yes it is. Todd and Phillip drove to Iowa the night before with their minister.  Three Cheers for Iowa! (Never thought I'd say that...) But I hope one day soon trips like that won't be necessary. Marriage is for everybody.  


A toast to Todd and Phillip. May the love you share today grow throughout the years. May you remain best friends and each others biggest fans. Cherish the good times together. And through the rough patches remember that you are on the same team.  Thank you so much for allowing me to share your big day.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments but have no place for hate, foul language or judgmental attitudes. Please keep that to yourself.