Friday, October 9, 2009

Give Peace a Chance

 
(Pic)-President Barack Obama passes by a battered United Nations flag that flew over the bombed Canal Hotel in Iraq at the United Nations Headquarters in New York in this September 23, 2009 file photo. REUTERS/Kevin Lamarque/Files

 I'm a great big Obama Lovin' Liberal and I'm proud of it. So, maybe I'm a little biased. But when I heard that the sitting US President won the Nobel Peace Prize, I was pretty darn proud!  It's been a long, LONG time since the United States and Americans in general have been in good standing with most of the international community. So this was a huge honor and really says a lot about how far we've come. How far Obama has brought us.  I traveled to Europe 3 times during the Bush Administration and on each visit witnessed Anti-American protests. This is HUGE.

I have to admit, I was surprised to hear that the biggest "patriotic" "Pro-America" faction in this country was against this.  I know, I should learn to expect it. They're called the party of No for a reason. But still, I was surprised. I would expect that people who claim to be patriotic and love all things America, those who have been known to state that America is the BEST country in the world, that America has the BEST citizens, and that essentially no other country even comes close to our greatness would be PROUD to have and American honored in such a way. I would think that ALL Americans would be proud of this award coming to one of our own.

Does he deserve the award? The committee thinks so. And they're the ones who get to decide. Wingers need to stop trying to be Kanye (you know, 'cause it worked out so well for Kanye's image) and accept that our President (yes, he's their president too) was awarded a tremendous honor and earned the respect of the international community.

Of course, then I'm reminded that these are the same people who were happy that the US lost an Olympic bid and the economic boom that goes with it in the middle of an economic crises.  Obviously, all rational thought goes out the window when anything Obama related is concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments but have no place for hate, foul language or judgmental attitudes. Please keep that to yourself.