Saturday, October 17, 2009

Fun Fall Festival

At 10:00 this morning my mom called and asked us to drive roughly 2 and half hours away to meet her and her former next door neighbors at a Fall Festival. And naturally we agreed. :)

It turned out to be a really pretty fall afternoon. We bundled Evelynn up nice and warm and strolled about different crafts booths. I got to have my first funnel cake in.... I can't remember how long but years. Totally worth the drive just for that. And we let Evelynn see a horse for the first time. That horse was happy to see us too. Let's just say that Me, Hubs and my Mom all noticed at the same time that it was a boy horse. Uncomfortable snickering followed.  We took Evelynn to visit the ponies instead.

The best part of the day was that we met up with Mom's former next door neighbors the Wilsons (yes, I grew up next to Mr. Wilson and if you only knew what a menace my brother was...but I digress). So yeah. We met up with the Wilson's and their daughters and their 18 month old grand-daughter Anya.  What a beautiful baby girl!  Anya and Evelynn became fast friends.

If you look closely you can see Anya holding Evelynn's hand. SO SWEET!


Later, Anya gave Evelynn a kiss on the cheek. BFFs! :)


All the girls: Emily, Mom, Me, Evelynn, Mary, Danielle and Anya

After we'd visited all the crafts booths and rides and enjoyed our funnel cakes we went in search of the quilt show. But we got lost. That was okay though. In the process we found this great little playground. Evelynn had never been to a playground before so we sent the boys back for the cars and we stayed to play.


Evelynn enjoyed her first trip down a slide more than she let on here.


Swinging was okay but she was getting hungry and sleepy.


So hungry, in fact, she could eat a horse- even a metal springy one. I had to hold her up just to keep her from gnawing on it.


Then Evelynn and Grammy practiced walking


Evelynn can't get her feet coordinated yet but it was fun trying.

All in all it was a fun filled fall day.  The ride home was another story.  Evelynn was ready to be home long before we were actually there. We had to stop twice on the way and I rode most of the way in the backseat with her trying to calm her down. Poor little girl just did not want to be in her car seat any longer. She finally fell asleep about 30 minutes from home.  At least she'll sleep well tonight.

Oh yeah! I nearly forgot. People at the craft fair kept coming up to me asking where I bought Evelynn's flower hat. Of course I made it myself, but so many people asked me, I think I may really start making more of them and selling them on etsy. I scouted out some new styles I want to try too, and checked out pricing, so I'll have a pretty good idea when I actually get around to making my store. In the meantime, if you'd like me to make a hat for your little one just let me know. I'd be happy to do it. Right now I'm working on a little striped knit hat that I think is going to turn out REALLY cute. I can't wait to show you when I get it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments but have no place for hate, foul language or judgmental attitudes. Please keep that to yourself.