Sunday, October 11, 2009

Things I Know For Sure

I've been pretty good about not wallowing in our recent string of bad luck. I haven't even had a good cry about it all.  But I feel like I'm on the verge of a Class A breakdown. It's not any one of the individual events really, just sort of the combination of one thing on top of another. But mostly it's the uncertainty of it all.  When and Where will Hubs find a new job?  How long can we afford health insurance and the mortgage in the meantime? Is it irresponsible to buy Evelynn a new winter had (especially when I want this one) when I could just knit or crochet her one myself and save the $15? Have we really come to the point where I'm VERY concerned with $15? Will we have to sell the house? Where will we live? Will we have to move somewhere where we don't know anyone at all? Will I have to go back to work? Will we have to move somewhere cold? I really don't want to live somewhere cold. It's enough to make anybody cry.

So, in order to help hold on to my last shred of sanity I've decided to make a list of the things that I do know for sure.

1. I love my husband and daughter.
2. They love me.
3.  No matter what else happens, we will always have each other.
4. We have amazing friends for support.
5.  We have a terrific family that won't let us starve or be homeless.
6.  This too shall pass.

That feels better. The other thing I know for sure:  There's a gift certificate for a massage from the wonderful Alicia Burk that I've been saving since Mother's Day sitting on my dresser . It may be time to cash that puppy in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments but have no place for hate, foul language or judgmental attitudes. Please keep that to yourself.