Monday, October 17, 2011

Lil' Ghosts


Let me preface this by saying, it's SUPPOSED to be raining today. So I'd planned a day of laying around in our jammies doing rainy day things like baking Oatmeal Raisin Cookies and making crafts. It turns out, it's a beautiful sunny day, not too hot and not too cold. But I'm already committed to jammies, so jammies and crafts it shall be.

We started our day baking these Chewy Oatmeal Raisin cookies. YUM. Evie had a great time helping make and eat the dough. Poor Owen just had to watch from afar.

Then it was craft time. I saw these footprint ghosts on Pintrest a couple weeks ago and thought it would be really fun to do with the kids, especially since Owen's little ghost is so tiny.  But I didn't want to spend any money on it and, like I said, I'm committed to jammies today anyway, so there was no going to the store for supplies.


I started with an 8x8 piece of black scrapbooking cardstock.  I didn't have any acrylic paint so I used white puffy paint instead. It sort of worked. I took both kids out on the front porch (since it's not raining and all) and I used a small foam brush to paint the bottom of each kid's foot. Then we pressed their feet onto the cardstock. Evie wiggled a little so it looks like she has 7 toes. But it's supposed to be spooky, right? :)  After I cleaned the paint off their feet I used the puffy paint to outline their foot prints. When it had dried a bit I used some black puffy paint to make the eyes and mouths.  On Evie's I made a small bow with some orange ribbon and just pushed it into the tacky puffy paint. I used a white paint pin to put their names by their ghost. Then I printed "Halloween 2011" on a piece of white scrapbook cardstock (the Font is Blackadder). I glued that to Purple and then orange and finally glued the whole thing on a piece of purple 12x12 cardstock. When it's fully dry I'll either put it in a 12x12 frame and hang it up for all to admire, or more likely, I'll stick it in a scrapbook. Either way, it was a fun little craft and I think everyone will enjoy looking at it when their feet get bigger.

1 comment:

I welcome your comments but have no place for hate, foul language or judgmental attitudes. Please keep that to yourself.