Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Slang

For the record, that is not my belly.

I am 31 weeks pregnant. I am not Prego. That is a pasta sauce.

There is a baby boy happily growing and turning somersaults in my tummy. A male fetus gestating in my extended uterus if you want to be clinical, but I do NOT have a bump, or a lump, or a hump. I am not a three humped gump.

In approximately 9 weeks I will deliver the baby, have the baby, experience the miracle of childbirth. I will NOT "Pop". I am not a cooked turkey, or a burst balloon, or a character in an Alien movie.

Maybe it's the heat. Maybe it's the hormones. Maybe it's both. Regardless, I already feel like a hot beached whale. There's no reason to be so crass when discussing my shape, nor any reason to discuss it at all. Whatever happened to, "You look pretty." or "She's glowing."?

2 comments:

  1. I hear you, well said. Nesting also annoys me to no end, I'm not a bird. I'm a practical lady who knows certain things have to happen before another person occupies our home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! :)
    And yes, I hate those stereotypes too.

    I don't eat "for 2" because that means I have to lose weight for 2...:P

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments but have no place for hate, foul language or judgmental attitudes. Please keep that to yourself.