Monday, June 21, 2010

Evelynn's New Shoes

A week or so ago I was lucky enough to head over to www.mamabargains.com just as they posted an item I'd been waiting for: Squeakers Shoes.  I was so excited and ordered Evie 3 pairs, one to wear to an upcoming wedding, and two more for fall.

A few days went by and I never received a confirmation e-mail or tracking information. So I contacted customer service. I shortly got a reply back from Hannah. She had checked their system several different ways and, although my screen had showed the order processed correctly, it wasn't in their system at all.  She also checked to make sure I hadn't been charged.

I sent a reply thanking her for checking and telling her what exactly I had ordered. And since I was really relying on one of those shoes for Evie's wedding attire I asked if just maybe they had any of the sizes I needed left. I fully expected to get a "no" and that would be the end of it. Hannah did reply and very nicely told me that, unfortunately, they were out of all of the shoes I had requested. Alas. Again, I thought that would be the end of it.

But today I came home and found a package on my door. It was from Mamabargains and I thought, maybe, just maybe, they'd found my order afterall.  They hadn't, but what I found was just as good, if not better since it helps  restore my faith in humanity. :)

Hannah had found a pair of white mary janes, not the exact pair I'd ordered, but close, in Evelynn's size. And she sent them to me along with a handwritten note expressing her hope that these might work for the wedding.  Can you believe that?! How NICE of her! Customer service like that is rare and she really deserves to be commended. I have just been raving about Hannah and Mamabargains all day.   You frequently hear when someone has bad customer service and often, good service goes un-noted. I want to say publicly, THANK YOU, Hannah and Mamabargains for going way above and beyond. With this gesture you have earned my recommendation and, as the video below illustrates, you made my daughter's day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments but have no place for hate, foul language or judgmental attitudes. Please keep that to yourself.