Thursday, November 5, 2009

Chipotle

The Hubs and I Love Chipotle. Yummy! But, the closest one is over 100 miles away. So we had to improvise when the Chipotle craving hits. It works out pretty well since you get to control the ingredients and create something that tastes just about the same but with a more reasonable portion size and lower calorie ingredients. Friends have been asking me for the recipes (they really need to open a store here). So, here you go:

I started with this chicken marinade. But I rarely have red onion in the house so I use one whole white onion, skip the chiles and add 1 tsp of McCormick Montreal Steak seasoning, 1 tsp of Chipotle powder.  I use chicken tenderloins instead of chicken breasts because they're cheaper, grill up faster and you're just going to cut them into bite size pieces so half the work is done for you.

Marinade the chicken for one hour then grill.

In the mean time I make the rice with this recipe.  I double it to have enough for leftovers the next day.

1 can of low sodium black beans, just add a couple tbs of chopped fresh cilantro and heat them through.

1 pkg of low fat, whole wheat tortillas

1 pkg low fat shredded cheese

Fat free Sour Cream

Salsa

There you go. Assemble as you like. It's not exactly the same, but much better for you and way better than driving 100 miles for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments but have no place for hate, foul language or judgmental attitudes. Please keep that to yourself.